asthma?
Im 53 and never had asthma in my life.however ive developed a very mucousy nose and a productive cough with white and yellow mucous.i get very short of breath with exertion .im not sleeping well and wake quite a few times a night and I wheeze when im lay down .I have alsi had two seperate incidents of not being able ti breathe while lying in bed.ive also found out im allergic to many things such as textiles, nickle , ppd and many of the medications ive been put onfor coronary artery ddisease.my doc has given me a peak flow chart to fill in and ive noticed im only blowing 300 at most and 250 at night.im 5ft tall and weigh 9stone 8.do my symptons point to asthma? I would be very greatful for any advice
You will have to go over the peak flow with your doctor to see .. it's possible you are sick with something and it's a reactive asthma going on .. but nobody but a doctor in-person can diagnose.

Here's a link to our Asthma online tracker:
http://www.medhelp.org/user_trackers/gallery/asthma

You can email your dr the charts that you fill in, etc.

C~
Thanks for replying so quickly .I'm due to see the doctor in two weeks to check the peak flow readings .
Your doctor will probably then go over with you an Asthma Action Plan so that you can know when to start using different meds, call the dr, etc.

Keep us posted~!

C~