Asthma Community
autumn itchy upper arms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

autumn itchy upper arms

I have had this for years.  Accidentally I found something that helps somewhat:  trolamine salicylate, active ingredient in arthritis cream.  But it only works for a couple hours.  The itching continues day and night, now that it's Nov. it's starting to recede, but goes from mid-sept. to mid-dec.  

This discussion is related to Itchy Arms.
it probably is due to allergies.  Since arthitis cream is an anti-inflammatory  it helps lowers the symptoms (itchiness) due to the allergic reaction occuring.

An antihistamine should help better or as well as the cream.
I have exactly the same as everyone for over 10 years. It usually starts end of August or September and last until February. I tried everything but to no avail. The doctor gave me Gabapentin and I take one 2 hours before going to bed, it seems to help. Sometimes the episodes last for hours of itching.
I constantly try to figure out what cause this horrible thing. Today I am thinking could it be caused by the flu shot? Because it's a seasonal thing.
Next year I will not get the flu shot and see what happens.