bronchoscopy
how long does the affects of a bronchoscopy show on a thoracic ct scan.  If biopsies, cultures by washings are done does it show up as an infiltrate and inflammation 5 days later on ct scan.  My daughter had a ct scan and it showed to have pleural fluid, and ? pneumonia in right lobe and scarring in left lobe.  The pulmonologist states this test is not to be trusted as it was done 5 days after bronchoscopy.  The bronchoscopy showed bronchomalacia in both bronchs and significant inflammation.  The pulmonologist does not feel this is asthma related.  The cultures grew out H-flu.  As she has been treated twice with antibx for a chronic wheeze/congestion within the last 5months the pulmonologist has decided not to treat.  He is also weaning her off Advair 500/50, she was on it bid now once a day.  Should the ct scan be disregarded and no follow up on the results?
Hi, I'm not a medical professional so really don't know the answer and not enough experience to be able to help.  Others may jump in or feel free to post it on our expert forum where a Dr. from National Jewish will answer your question for you:

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Respiratory-Disorders/show/128
I hope your daughter is feeling better soon and does well on the reduction of meds.  Keep us posted and WELCOME!   These are really good ?'s you are asking!