can asthma cause a bad cough?
Hi there, i am worrid as my granmother has got a terrible cough which she says its due to her asthma. She is 83 years old and has had this cough for years,its getting worse as it attacks her at times where she cant breath and her face goes really red,it lasts for a while then goes. She went to her doctor and they said she had broncitis which her doctor then gave her antibiotics to takea... Two months on and the cough is still there,now shes asking to have a alergy test? can some one pls give me some answers as iam very worrid?
I would get her seen by a pulmonologist.  She may need to increase her asthma medication or start a preventative inhaler if not on one already.  

Chronic coughs are annoying and she shouldn't have to live with it.  If the cough is due to allergens triggering her asthma, the allergy tests will show what her triggers area and help you change the environment to help that.