Asthma Community
can asthma dissapear when one grows up?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

can asthma dissapear when one grows up?

i wasnt born with asthma it came suddenly when i was a kid
can it go once grow up more?
It does happen that children frequently outgrow asthma. But you are already 19. I am not sure, but I think you are a little old for that to happen.
I wasn't born with asthma either, goodguy. I was diagnosed with asthma when I was in my early twenties. As far as whether it will go away when
you grow older, every individual is difference. It's important to find out
your allergy triggers and try to stay away from the things that trigger
your asthma. My dad had asthma too. I don't know if the tendency towards
asthma can be inherited. My dad was very allergic to cat dander. Anyway,
it's important to find out your allergy triggers. Common ones are cold weather, cigarette smoke. Those are the ones that come to my mind right now. I hope my comments have been helpful.
Yes it can I suffered with bad asthma and now its dissapering and I don't need a pump anymore but I can come and go its still best keeping a pump with u incase u need it like I do because u never no x
Oh yea I'm 21 by the way and my asthma went last year after I gave birth to my daughter xx