Asthma Community
cant take deep breathes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

cant take deep breathes

I just found out i have copd, on oxgen 24/7, feel ok but have trouble taking deep breathe, prednisone seem to help about six hours after i take it,  but im getting scared that if i dont get relief soon ill die, im only 53 , i need to  hear from other people with this problem, i feel so bad all the time
Tags: copd
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament. Hope you are on bronchodilators too. As the inflammation and bronchospasm subside, you should have relief. So, continue with your medications. You can also do steam inhalations prior to your meals. This helps to loosen up and bring out the secretions. And if you smoke, quit now. As giving up smoking would be first step towards controlling COPD. Take Care.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
I was diagnosed with COPD about 15 years ago and I am still here. I found that prednisone was causing many problems, as were inhaled steroids. I now do much better on natural anti-inflammatories and albuterol. I am on 2 liters of oxygen.
there are nebulized meds like combivent and COPD meds that may help and have less side effects
there seem to be some new neublized COPD meds that I saw at the doctor's office
spiriva might help with COPD and asthma
I had a coule of problems with Spiriva. In the first place it is very drying which causes a problem with dry mouth and sleeping. Also, The powder that is propelled is very gritty and gets me coughing.