child non stop coughing
Hi there, My daughter has had dry cough for about a year now, it got worse about ten days ago. Went to asthma clinic they told me to double her inhallers flexotide and ventalin, didn't help, went to doctor last week gave her steriods to open air ways 5 for two days then reducing for three more days, no difference last night she coughed non stop for about two  hours before she finally went asleep and it stopped, it is there today still. Any ideas, from a distraught mother. With thanks.
    Hi my Daughter went through the same thing when she was a young girl; she was coughing until she was red in the face.
    After months and months of none stop coughing it suddenly dawned on us that it was always made worse after she had an ice cream or ice lolly.
   We cut out all ice cold items and the problem went away, even today 15 years later she is still prone to cough when she has too many ice cold items.
    Don’t know whether my comment is any use to you but thought I would mention it just in case it may be.

Regards
Glynn

I'm sorry this treatment isn't working; keep working with them to find something that will help her, especially to sleep at night when asthma is usually worse.  Good luck.
Thank you for your reply, will try the cool drink elimation.

Salied