continuous coughing
Hi...My elder brother is allergic to dust,perfume,sweets.Whenever he smells or eats then after he just starts coughing. We have consulted many doctors but still the result is worst. He just keep coughing at nights and cant sleep. He had a test,and result was that he is allergen to thinks like dust,perfume,sweet all that. he is using some antibiotics but its affect last till some minutes. so please give suggestion.
I have very bad allergies to dust and take a combination of Allegra and Rhinocort to help manage it. However, I wonder if your brother also has an infection as antibiotics is usually given for a bacterial infection. Also, with allergies you usually sneeze and with infection you are more likely to cough. Please check with the doctor to understand if he has both allergies as well as an infection.Hope he feels better.
He should have pulmonary function tests done to see if there is underlying asthma.  Allergens can trigger an allergy attack which may involve an asthma attack.  

Coughing at night is a very common symptom of asthma and may be the only symptom in some cases.  It was my first symptom and I ignored it for close to 4 months until I could only sleep for 20 mins at a time.  

Ask your doctor about the possibility of doing some tests to look at allergy-induced asthma.
we concerned another doctor.We have done a test of Lung. His lung test was normal as lung's functionality is perfect. so he is not having any lung problem. The doctor has given medicine which does not contain any antibiotic. And now he is ok. If the instant coughing took place then he uses pump. I am thinking of that Asthama test. we will do that
Ordinary allergists did not work for me. I went to a kinesiologist and that did the trick. Each visit got rid of one allergy - forever. Foods, inhalants, any allergy at all.