copd
is it safe to use spiriva and advair together  my sister has had laryngitis for 4 weeks
Hi,  Yes those are safe to use together.  

However, a side effect of both medications is laryngitis.  I recently had laryngitis for 6 weeks.  It started as a virus and would not go a way.  I decided it was my atrovent neb (an anticholinergic like Spiriva).  My allergist thought it was my Dulera (inhaled combination med like Advair).  I eliminated the atrovent and reduced my Dulera and the laryngitis healed.  

She needs to discus any changes in dosage with her doctor before making changes.  I had already been discussing the changes with my doctor as my asthma had become much better controlled.  I just pushed up the timeline on one and she made the other.

God bless.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

When using inhaled corticosteroids, some of the drug may deposit in your mouth and throat  and cause  laryngitis. This can cause coughing, hoarseness, dry mouth and sore throat. Gargling and rinsing the mouth after each puff on your corticosteroid inhaler, may help to prevent mouth and throat irritation.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Thank you for your help I will let my sister know. I hope she will give this a try.
Thank you for your help, I will let her know about this.