Asthma Community
do i need an inhaler?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

do i need an inhaler?

hi, i am not asthmatic in your everyday meaning of the word. its just when i do any medium excercising, i run out of breath (deep continuous fast breathing). i bike 1.7 miles everyday to work at a brisk pace. and that leaves me breathing hard. so i am asking do i need an inhaler? any breathing excercises that will improve my condition.
i always detested the idea of an asthalin inhaler, because i have heard it makes you dependant on them.
is this right? can i just take an inhaler before i do sports and not use them on holidays?
and if so, do i need a prescription to buy it? Thanks for your much appreciated help.
Tags: Asthma, inhaler, dependance
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
You would need a prescription for an inhaler.
So you have been diagnosed with asthma?
If you need one then you should get one and carry it with you.
My little 8 year old nephew has asthma and is not dependent on his. He only uses it when he needs it. Take care. Remar
Blank
746512_tn?1388811180
Excerise induced asthmatics only need to use the resuce inhaler (normally albuterol) 20 minutes before any excerise that triggers it.   Any inhaler is a prescription drug, which is good because you need to be diagnosed to make sure it is asthma that is the cause of your symptoms and not something else.  

Used properly, you will not become dependant on the medication.
Blank
i was diagnosed with asthma when i was 13 but they were seasonal back then. about 2 years ago, all sorts of symptoms disappeared apart from the excercise induced symptoms which arent noticeable. so i guess i need to see a doctor!
Blank
168348_tn?1379360675
HI, you've gotten some great advice!  WELCOME to our Community!

C~
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Asthma Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank