Asthma Community
i think i have asthma

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

i think i have asthma

im 14 and me and my mum both think I may have asthma .I breath very heavily and at the moment I keep getting colda that last for months and month (I know that's not normal)I exercise regularly and I am quite fit and healthy as I do sport regualary.I can struggle sometimes when running to get my breath

Hello there,

If you and your mum think you have asthma, maybe it's time to make an appointment with your family doctor. Your mom could make the appointment for you. Perhaps your mom could go along with you to the appointment. You and your mom could discuss with your doctor how you have been feeling, that you struggle to get your breath after running. Your doctor can give you an asthma test.   Asthma is nothing to fool around with. I have asthma.  Your mom should ask her doctor for a referral to an allergist.  Asthma is usually caused by a reaction to something that you are allergic too.  Something triggers the asthma.  Do not wait with this. Have your mum make a doctor's appointment as soon as possible.  Even if you have to miss a day of school, this is really important. Asthma can get quite serious quite quickly even life threatening. People have ended up in the hospital following an asthma attack . If you have asthma , you need medication to keep it under control and this is all determined by your doctor . First step though is for your mum to make an appointment with your family doctor.  That is step #1 .  I wish you well.  Eve
thanks im suffer with acute ecimia (cant spell) and I am allergic to penicillin I have friends with asthma and I have similar symptoms I will go to the the  doc
thanks
belle
my mums booking an appiontent over the summer
belle