Asthma Community
inhalers and heart beats

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

inhalers and heart beats

does any one have pac/papations and do a inhaler i need to but to scared it make my heart race.  and if it does how long will the racing last. thank you so much for info.
I don't have pac, my mom, gradmother, and sister do though so I know what it is! I do have attackacardia (a very high, yet steady, pulse for no reason that they can find). I take Xoponex as my emergency inhaler and that really helps me and doesn't get my heart racing. It is supposed to have the medicine that does that taken out of it but my dr said it doesn't work for all people. Right now for long term I am tolerating Symbicort but he is wanting to switch me to flowvent because it doen't have those stimulents in them (which would speed up my heart and I assume exasterbate your condition). I hope this helps! Merry Christmas!
Tanja
thank you tanja, it does help . i cant stand my heart to race, skip and when you already have this problem you dont want to add to it. i hope you had a very merry christmas and a great start to a new year and health. Barbara
I HAVE SVT.  MY HEART RATE HAS GOTTEN UP TO 300BPS AND STAYED THAT WAY FOR ABOUT AN HOUR OR MORE UNTIL I COULD BE SEEN BY AN ER.  I ALSO AM ON XOPENEX AND SYMBICORT.  IT DOESN'T MAKE YOUR HEART RACE AS BAD AS THE OTHER INHALERS.  THE WORST THING FOR ME IS TO USE ALBUTERAL VIA NEBULIZER.  IT MAKES MY HEART RACE EVEN THOUGH I HAVE HAD 2 HEART SURGERIES TO REPAIR MY SVT.  
thank you for talking to me its a really scarey thing and am 49 and now i have asthma they say which started from a cold so unsure what it really is. i use the xopener and seem to do okl with it but cant get rid of the whezing so they want me to use a sterod inhaler flovent 110, have not tried it yet to scared took me a month to try the xopener and only did because i was close to going to er could not breath good. am bad when it comes to meds. still waiting for it just to disapera and be gone forever my dr says i dont have true asthma but i have had this 3 months now so not sure what true asthma is.