Asthma Community
irritating cough

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

irritating cough

I was diagnosed with laryingitus 8 days ago. The doctor gave me a course of antibiotics which have not helped at all. After another trip to the doctors he gave me some painkillers and told me to rest. That was 3 days ago since then i have developed this dry cough which makes me sound like a seal! The cough is constant and when i breathe in i can feel rattling in my chest, no matter how many times i take my inhalers nothing seems to help. Please could someone help me as its driving me mad!!!
just hang in there.  i would suggest going back to the doctor to take more tests though.  i think it could either be a tough bacteria or a viral throat infection.  what kind of antibiotic did the doctor give you the first time?  or you could just wait it out, because i'm sure it will eventually go away.