lung damage
Can working in an environment with dead birds, bats and their feces cause a person with asthma to have damaged lungs.  I have been using Advair for several years and thought my asthma was controlled.  I have worked in this building that has the filth upstairs and the smell is overpowering.  I now have damaged lungs with about 49% lung function. Would this have happened from asthma even if I had not worked in such an environment.
I'm sorry to hear about your lung loss. Generally speaking asthma that is well controlled does not cause damage. Plus asthma is considered a reversible disease when given treatment. But working in poor air quality with small particulates in it will definitely affect your lungs and cause irreversible damage. That is where your employers should recognize working hazards and provide you with the necessary safety equipment. A dust mask or half mask with filters should have been the choice of equipment needed to allow you to work safely in the given environment. This goes for anybody wether they have asthma or not.