Asthma Community
lung damage
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

lung damage

Can working in an environment with dead birds, bats and their feces cause a person with asthma to have damaged lungs.  I have been using Advair for several years and thought my asthma was controlled.  I have worked in this building that has the filth upstairs and the smell is overpowering.  I now have damaged lungs with about 49% lung function. Would this have happened from asthma even if I had not worked in such an environment.
Related Discussions
942934_tn?1268111982
I'm sorry to hear about your lung loss. Generally speaking asthma that is well controlled does not cause damage. Plus asthma is considered a reversible disease when given treatment. But working in poor air quality with small particulates in it will definitely affect your lungs and cause irreversible damage. That is where your employers should recognize working hazards and provide you with the necessary safety equipment. A dust mask or half mask with filters should have been the choice of equipment needed to allow you to work safely in the given environment. This goes for anybody wether they have asthma or not.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Asthma Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...