Asthma Community
lung strengthening exercises?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

lung strengthening exercises?

I am an asthmatic with well managed asthma but i don't want to just be able to manage it.... I want to be able to beat it.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi, good thinking. The goal of asthma therapy must be to keep the patient symptom free even during exercise and to decrease the occurrence of episodes. According to studies done, patients with asthma benefit from pulmonary rehabilitation, which caused an improvement in exercise capacity and health related quality of life (HRQL). The exercise program includes lower and upper body exercises and Exercises for breathing muscles. Breathing through a mouthpiece against resistance may increase the strength of the breathing muscles. Another method is the ‘pranayama’. Pranayama Yoga is the art of breathing control. You can try this too. Good luck.