Asthma Community
my breathing is not right
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

my breathing is not right

i am 45 female do not smoke or drink. i have had an anxiety problem for the past two years.  However I just got over Bronchitis and they did a chest cat scan with contrast they found a virral infection in my lungs gave me a breathing treatment and told me it would heal on its own in a week or two.  that was 3 weeks ago and the ER.  well Friday i went to my regular doctor because my breathing is still not right. they did a echocardiagram that looked fine to the technician results will be back next week.  ok i have the albuteral liquid that you putt in the nebulizer machine but it is not helping.  I take ativan to calme down-it does but it doesn't help my breathing. ok today i tried to look though a box of clothes within 2 minutes in had to shove all the clothes back into the box and go lay on the couch. my breathing was labored and my heart was beating fast like i had ran up 3 flights of stairs.  well my heart calmed down but an hour later i was still having trouble.  i took ativan then 20 minutes ago i took a breathing treatment. i still feel full in my chest no pain though.  oh and when this breathing does this it makes me cough it is not a deep cough just little.  i have never had this kind of breathing trouble in my entire life until a month ago.
this can come on just laying on the couch.  i am so scared and i know this isn't helping the anxiety either. i am wondering what else i should ask the doctor to test for. i have had ekg's, blood work for heart problems-all normal.  what could this be?