Asthma Community
my breathing is not right

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

my breathing is not right

i am 45 female do not smoke or drink. i have had an anxiety problem for the past two years.  However I just got over Bronchitis and they did a chest cat scan with contrast they found a virral infection in my lungs gave me a breathing treatment and told me it would heal on its own in a week or two.  that was 3 weeks ago and the ER.  well Friday i went to my regular doctor because my breathing is still not right. they did a echocardiagram that looked fine to the technician results will be back next week.  ok i have the albuteral liquid that you putt in the nebulizer machine but it is not helping.  I take ativan to calme down-it does but it doesn't help my breathing. ok today i tried to look though a box of clothes within 2 minutes in had to shove all the clothes back into the box and go lay on the couch. my breathing was labored and my heart was beating fast like i had ran up 3 flights of stairs.  well my heart calmed down but an hour later i was still having trouble.  i took ativan then 20 minutes ago i took a breathing treatment. i still feel full in my chest no pain though.  oh and when this breathing does this it makes me cough it is not a deep cough just little.  i have never had this kind of breathing trouble in my entire life until a month ago.
this can come on just laying on the couch.  i am so scared and i know this isn't helping the anxiety either. i am wondering what else i should ask the doctor to test for. i have had ekg's, blood work for heart problems-all normal.  what could this be?  
The albuterol should relieve breathing that has become labored due to physical exertion. shortness of breath that comes on while lying around is not likely coming from the lungs. It is good to get your heart checked out, however if it comes back normal too then most likely most of your symptoms are coming from your anxiety, which may have been made worse by your lung infection. The residual coughing is probably also from the bronchitis, as your airways may be sensitive yet and still healing up. That will go away given some time. Just continue to work with your doctor to rule in or out any major disease. Try taking up yoga to help with your anxiety. There are many different forms out there designed to help the body in different ways. You may find it will help with your anxiety.