Asthma Community
overheating

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

overheating

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct section but I'll give it a shot, I'm not sure where to start or go with this. I have a two year old, he has asthma. When he was a month old he had a very bad case of HMPV, he had to be flown to a nearest PICU. Due to HMPV he got asthma, he was officially diagnosed when he was a year old. Normally we notice that he has been affected most during the winter. It seems like cold air is what mainly triggers his asthma. Normally during the summer we notice that he has been fine but last summer and more so this one I've noticed how his eyes get watery and he has been sneezing. The major thing and my main concern is as soon as my son is outside even for a few minutes in 75 degrees or higher he starts getting hot, flushed right away as red as a cherry. I've also noticed that he has what looks like a birth mark on his right leg that only shows up when he is hot, it looks red and is flat and almost looks like he has a sunburn but as soon as he cools off it vanishes completly. I also noticed that he rarely sweats, I don't think I've ever seen a bead of sweat on him once, I've had him on a few play dates with toddlers his age and they are doing about the same excersice as my son and they are sweating but he is not. He gets so red that I have to put water all over his face, hair and extremeties, although the redness will not go away until he is in a cool room with ac. Is all this normal, does it have to do with allergies, asthma or something completley different. I'm at a loss, I asked my ped. and all she said was to avoid peak hours of the day...that wasn't to useful.
Oh gee ... I read your last sentence.  I'm not really sure at all .. I was thinking to explore allergies, too, as I was reading your post.  Not sure about the weather (hot) thought.  Does the birthmark look like a giant wheal or hive at all ?  Is it raised?  

C~
Thanks for your reply! The birthmark is not raised at all, it's flat and just red looking when he's hot and goes away when he cools off.