peak flow....
During an asthma attack...does peak flow on a home device always lower? Idk if mine is just anxiety and in my head...or accual asthma. Ive always have better than average peak flow readings! But am always short of breath :/ ideas?
I have the same puzzling problem. In my case it could be treated with beta blockers, except that I have low blood pressure so cannot use them.
I am on a beta blocker for tachycardia. I am also pregnant! Beta blockers work great for amxiety but can make asthma worse. Ive been stuck im this asthma...do i have it....or dont i pickle for awhile! :/
I believe my condition is caused by neurologic damage. When I could take the beta blocker my asthma was unaffected, and the tachycardia disappeared, as did the shortness of breath. Now if I could figure a way to raise my blood pressure....
Hey there :)

I don't know about if it happens in 100% of cases but when I'm having a bad attack, my peak flow drops dramatically. When I'm weel, the best I do is about 470 but during an attack, it can drop to about 150 if really bad. My asthma care is based on my peak flow readings.

Ask your nurse about a plan. You have different zones depending on the readings and things to do for each zone.

If your peak flow is always better than normal, I would ask your doc for advice. There are many things it could be, including anxiety, but your doc is the best person to know.

Good luck :)
I've noticed that I have two breathing problems, one is upper airway and the other is straining to breathe but peak is mostly normal. Of course upper airway drops my peak fast but the other straining to breathe is different. I don't know if I have asthma or not but found antihistamine often reverses my straining to breathe feeling, also I was on inhaled steroids that made it go completely away while I was on the steroid. My inhaler though doesn't do much for the straining feeling but does open my upper airway when it closes. At least I have two very different issues, maybe the steroid would help you. If your doctor gives you the steroid it seems to take a few hours to start working unlike the inhaler that works right away. At least that's how it affected me. Hope my two cents helps.