Asthma Community
relationship between asthma and high pulse rate

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

When I excersice or jog my astham is often triggers if I am in cold outdoors, my pulse goes high and takes long time( hrs to come down to my normal pulse (in 80.82 range). what is relationship between asthma and pulse to stay high for long time? thanks

smakes
a lot of times the medicine that you take for your asthma can cause high pulse rates esp. if you have to take a breathing treatment that will really cause your heart to pound.

Do you take a daily medicine to help control your asthma if you do that could explain your heart rate

I would still have your doctor check it out on your next visit to be safe though
when i was training for half marathon last year, i had shortness of breath, so extensive testing of my lungs was done and i was told due to 20 plus years of asthma small airways in my lungs have narrowed and i was put on Advair 132/21 hfa inhaler. it helped open up my lung and i was told by more than one doctor to take this inhaler every day like people take blood pressure medicine everyday. so I did that ( i was on a blood pressure medicine too at the time 20mg of benicar).I have lost more wt and no longer need BP medicine. Now my asthma doctor is saying second medicine (21 mg) could be causing high pulse. my concern is not high pulse as much as that it does NOT come down quickly.( by the way i am almost 64 yrs. 5ft 118 lbs) i loved training for half marathon and completing it last two yrs by run/jog pattern. i am collecting my question for viist to cardiologist tomorrow.
I have to be honest I am not real sure why it takes a little while for your pulse to come down
My cardiologist has ordered  echo stress test. Asthma inhaler  Advair has ingredient called Salmeterol which makes heart go faster. I have taken that inhaler for a year every day. who know..it all might be the side effect.......i get sweats even when i am just sitting no activity. I am hoping after the stress echo test I will have some explanation of my symptoms. Does anyone has experience with this Advair for long term use.
thank you all for responding to my question. I have stress echo test lined up tomorrow. Will know what doc says afterwards.

smakes