steroid inhalers
My asthma has been up and down over the last few months and just recently my doc upped my steroid inhaler. Right away I noticed a great change and for 2 days I didn't have any asthma. Then last night it suddenly seemed to be coming back and I woke up this morning with asthma again. Is this because it is not strong enough or because it is still taking time to work?

It does take a while for the steroid to take full effect. From my experience, it generally takes me 2-3 weeks to feel the full effect. I would certainly give it that time, before deciding to go back to the doctor. Tracking your peak flow numbers will certainly help you understand your asthma better. Plus it will show when the full effect has taken place.
ok thanks, I just bought a peak flow meter so I'm going to start keeping track of that.