Asthma Community
stuttering from mixed medications?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

stuttering from mixed medications?

my son is five years old and he has asthma, he is on  Flovent and Prednisolone for his lungs,(his doctor  just took him off singulair) but last year he got pretty sick and his doctor had him on Azithromycin,nasonex,Allegra,Albuterol sulfate,Singulair,Flovent,and Prednisolone.  three days into taking all the medications and he started to studder and really bad. i mentioned it to his doctor and she said that studdering is common for boys his age, and to this day he is studdering and very badly. i just wanted to see what you thought. thanks Leigh
I don't know all the meds but he sure is on a lot, I'm assuming that which the oral steroid (predisolone) that he has very severe asthma.  

Allegra, singulair and nasonex are all allergy meds but work in different ways so there shouldn't be a problem with any of them

albuterol is a bronchodilator for emergency and thus is a differen drug

prednisolone and flovent are two steroids which should help the inflammation from asthma, but are working in the same manner but I assume that one drug alone isn't enough to control his asthma

There defintely is a possibility that some of the drugs may have interacted together to cause some problems.  However, the prednisolone is the one that is most likely to cause side effects because of its nature.  

You could try posting on the ask a pharamistist forum because they would be the most familiar with drug interactions and could probably help better than your own doctor  for possible interactions.