substitute for advair diskus
I usually use advair diskus for my asthma but I no longer have insurance and I can't affor to pay for it?  Is there another medication I can use that is not so expensive?
if you don't need both medications, pulmicort was the cheapest that me and my doctor found.  

Advair diskus 250 was lasting two weeks for (4 puffs a day) and pulmicort for $15 more, had 200 doses and I was only using 2 a day because it was 400ug instead of 250.  

The best is to go and ask a pharmicist to look up the prices for you.
I stopped using Advair, not because I didn't have insurance, but because it was killing me. So instead I took natural anti-inflammatories. I have a regimen of vitamin B5 (500 mg.), mullein extract, MSM and N-acetyl-cisteine. Guess what - they work better than Advair, are cheaper (even though not covered by insurance) and have no side effects. I also take Zyrtec (an over-the-counter antihistamine) or Benadryl. Advair has a good PR program, with side effects given short shrift.