Asthma Expert Forum
wheezing???

This forum is for questions and support regarding: Asthma, Chronic Cough, Sinusitis, and other Respiratory Disorders.

wheezing???

My husband had a cold about 2 months ago. He continues to have a strange sound coming from his lungs it  sounds bubbly when he is sleeping. Our doctor prescribed antibiotics and an inhaler and sent him on his way. His cold is better but the wheezing is still lingering. He is an ironworker and has worked around a lot of dust, lead paint etc. He was tested a few years back for metals in his blood and was okay. My concern is might he be dealing with a respiratory disorder- asthma....etc. He is stubborn will not take time to go back to the doctor. Should he still use the inhaler the doctor gave him? Thanks for your insight.
The combination of infection, the cold, and his chronic occupational exposures to dusts, fumes and other toxins can cause significant lung problems and the wheeze could be a sign of persistent bronchitis and/or pneumonia or asthma.  You should try to arrange for him to be evaluated by a lung specialist, soon.  Time taken to do this now, could save both of you a lot of grief in the future.