Asthma Community
x-ray chest PA and Lateral (Adult)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to asthma, asthma control, breathing difficulty, bronchodilators, children's asthma, drug allergies, exercise-induced asthma, house dust and indoor allergens, pets, school issues, and sports activity.

x-ray chest PA and Lateral (Adult)

I had a chest x-ray namely the title that i had for this topic.The findings are as follows:
Minimal densities are noted in the left lung apex.the rest of the lung fields are clear......and the rest are normal and unremarkable

Impression:
Consider minimal PTB residuals/fibrosis, left lung apex. please correlate clinically and with other laboratory parameters.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
I ALSO HAD SPIROMETRY AND THE INTERPRETATION OF THE RESULT IS : Normal spirometry with no significant response to bronchodilation.....

WHAT DOES IT SAY ABOUT MY HEALTH?....I HAD TO GO TO THE DOCTOR THEN BECAUSE I HAD COLDS AND REALLY DRY COUGH FOR ALMOST TWO WEEKS...I JUST HAD A CHECK UP SO THAT I WILL BE GIVEN THE PROPER MEDICINE TO GET WELL. tHE PULMO SAID THAT HE IS HEARING SOME "SQUEAKS" WHILE HE WAS LISTENING TO MY BREATHING THAT IS WHY HE WANTED TO KNOW IF MY COUGH IS CAUSED BY ASTHMA...THAT IS WHY I HAD AN XRAY AND BASIC SPIROMETRY..UNFORTUNATELY, I WENT BACK AFTER A WEEK AND WAS INFORMED THAT THE DOCTOR WILL BE BACK A WEEK AFTER THE NEW YEAR HOLIDAY COMES. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT THE FINDINGS MEAN AND IS THERE SOMETHING THAT I SHOULD OR SHOULD NOT DO OR EAT...THANKS!!!!

I'm not a doctor, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.  

PTB is Pulmonary Tuberculosis, a bacterial infection of the lungs.  I think the radiologist is saying is that, on x-ray, it looks like you may have had the infection, but since he or she doesn't know all of your history and symptoms, the diagnosis is being left to your doctor. Your doctor will take into consideration what the radiologist has to say.  As far as the spirometry test is concerned, most people with untreated asthma see an increase in their sprirometry readings after they use a bronchodilator.  Since you had no significant response to a bronchodilator, you probably don't have asthma.

I hope this helped calm your fears.  Keep your doctor appointments and you'll get to the bottom of this.

Keep your doctor appointments and you'll get to the bottom of this.