yawning to catch breath
my daughter is 7 and has trouble breathing daily, she does the yawning thing all the time
trying to get air. the asthma inhaler does nothing.its nor anxiety-shes 7 a daydreamer with not
a care in the world,she dosnt smoke dreink or have stress,this seems quite a comon problem
idont want her to have to put up with it forever.at school she is embarresed and wont say anything
and just suffers....
If the inhalers are not working then the doctor need to try an alternative to see if there are better results.  Iv tried many different inhalers when i was younger and i now use the turbo inhaler which seems to be the best suited for me.

Also is she using the inhalers right?
I know this is an old thread but I'm hoping that this post can still help you.

I experienced this very same thing. It's true that stress worsens the condition, but what brought on the propensity to want to yawn without fully filling my lungs, was anemia!
It might also be an allergy. Food? Airborne?

But for me it was anemia -Very similar symptoms to stress!

I wasn't getting enough iron. This was easily rectified by taking iron supplements and I was surprised just how fast I began to feel better.
I took spatone sachets in a juice or squash mix.

Maybe try talking to your GP about anemia (and allergies), it could well be the answer to this horrible suffocating feeling. At least - it was for me!