Women with Ataxia - was being pregnant difficult?
I would like to know your experiences with being pregnant with an ataxic gait...how did it feel toward the end of your pregnancy? Or during your pregnancy? How was walking for you? Getting up, bending over? Where you in pain?
Did you ever fall down?
AMO
welcome Athena  to the forum.

I seemed to develope my Ataxia after my children were teenagers,  so I never was pregnant when I had symptoms. I wish I could be more help first hand.

It may seem with the new weight distribution may cause differnt issues. Maybe an assessment in physical therapy could help. They could offer pratical safety techniques.
If you are not using a walking aid (cane   or walker) maybe now if you are feeling that could be helpful, ask your doctors about them.

I personnally very rarely have pain with my ATaxia. Keeping in mind some pregnant  women, without Ataxia, have paiin like ligaments or such.

I know you came here looking for others personal experiencce. As you see the forum  is noot very busy. Maybe someone reading will be able to chime in too.

I   am glad you have come here and posted. Just ask your doctors, neuro or OB, and they should be able to write a P.T. script for you if you are not already active in p t.
Yes! safety first!
I hope you are feeling good . Please post again, and tell us more about yourself. Be well, Amo