ataxia and writing
my  daughter is 5 ,she developed ataxia from surgery fro a juvenille pilocystic astrocytoma  full resection has vp shunt in place . she has very poor balance and coordination and uses a k frame to get around. we are having difficulties with writing that is she will draw a shape she can not write or read. is there anyone that can help us as she is very smart and is now getting frustrated . any advice wld be appreciated ,,thank you marcella
AMO
Dear Marcella,

I am sorry I am just writting now after so long. I hope youu are still lurking around.
I am not familiar with the surgry you  darling girl had. The limited knowledge I have is Ataxia as diseases.
How is she doing now?

I would hope she is recieving  intensivve physical and occupational therapies.
Childrens brains can be  much better at healing and relearning (neuroplastisity) than adults. It wasn't that long ago that the medical comunity realized the cerebellum is responsible for more thaan just coordination and balance.

Have you searched the NAtional Ataxia Foundation?
There may be something  through them that would be of benifit for her.
I wish  i could be more help, but if you are still around, i would love to hear how she is doing.
Keep faith, amo