Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) Community
3 month baby with ASD

WELCOME to the ATRIAL SEPTAL DEFECT COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) which is a hole in the part of the septum that separates the atria (the upper chambers of the heart). This hole allows oxygen-rich blood from the left atrium to flow into the right atrium instead of flowing into the left ventricle as it should. This means that oxygen-rich blood gets pumped back to the lungs, where it has just been, instead of going to the body.

3 month baby with ASD

I am from India.my daughter was diagnosed with ASD 7 mm, left to right shunt, RVOI Gradient 28 mm+g. ASD mild PS when she was one and half months old, now she is 3 and half month old.I am very much worried as doctors says that she has to undergo surgery. Please help me.
Hi there!

Well, without knowing the relevant clinical details or a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to comment specifically on the situation, though with the description I would agree with the management plan suggested by her treating doctor or device/ surgical closure. I would suggest discussing the situation, the suggested management plan and the expected prognosis in detail with her treating cardiologist.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!