Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) Community
3 month baby with ASD

WELCOME to the ATRIAL SEPTAL DEFECT COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) which is a hole in the part of the septum that separates the atria (the upper chambers of the heart). This hole allows oxygen-rich blood from the left atrium to flow into the right atrium instead of flowing into the left ventricle as it should. This means that oxygen-rich blood gets pumped back to the lungs, where it has just been, instead of going to the body.

3 month baby with ASD

I am from India.my daughter was diagnosed with ASD 7 mm, left to right shunt, RVOI Gradient 28 mm+g. ASD mild PS when she was one and half months old, now she is 3 and half month old.I am very much worried as doctors says that she has to undergo surgery. Please help me.

There is minimal risk with surgery as I have gone thru Open heart surgery on May 2012. I have seen lots of infants going thru the surgery without any issues during my stay in the hospital. Once surgery is done everything will be fine for your baby and her future life. Wish your baby a happy and prosperous life ahead. Please contact your doctor for your concerns..