If not ASD. what do I have?
Late last year, I underwent successful cardiac ablation for lifelong Circus Movement Tachycardia.  The ablation was performed in the Left Atrium.  Access to the that loation is usually done by a transseptal puncture, literally piercing the septal wall with the catheter.  However, in my case, the electrophysiologist told me that my septum was incompletely sealed, similar to sliding doors.  The tissue closed, but didn't seal, so access to the left atrium was done without puncturing.  I think he claimed that a very small percentage of the population has this physiology, and added that he always probes there first and in my case it was, jackpot!.  So if the walls of my atria (?) are improperly sealed, am I considered to have an atrial septal defect?
How are you? What symptoms were present and what diagnsotic tests were done in the past? Atrial septal defect is a type of congenital heart defect in which there is an abnormal opening in the atrial septum. In rare cases, ASDs are part of more complex types of congenital heart disease. For proper evaluation, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper diagnosis. Your complete medical history and physical examination are important. Symptoms are also correlated with the results of the tests. Take care and do keep us posted.
Thanks, but let's try this again....

"the electrophysiologist told me that my septum was incompletely sealed, similar to sliding doors.  The tissue closed, but didn't seal, so access to the left atrium was done without puncturing."

Is this considered ASD or something else?