Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) Community
really upset help! no nasty comments plz

WELCOME to the ATRIAL SEPTAL DEFECT COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) which is a hole in the part of the septum that separates the atria (the upper chambers of the heart). This hole allows oxygen-rich blood from the left atrium to flow into the right atrium instead of flowing into the left ventricle as it should. This means that oxygen-rich blood gets pumped back to the lungs, where it has just been, instead of going to the body.

Since i was 5 ive been wetting the bed im now 21 no ones ever found a cause i only stopped when i was pregnant with my daughter n shes 2 next month n when she was born i started wetting the bed again i now live with an ex was with him for 6 yrs broke up for 3 n bk together for a yr. hes only just found out hes being understanding but doesnt no ive had the problem for so long docs have put me on tabs but when i forget to take them i wet the bed im really upset i dont no wots causing it plz can someone help its really getting me down
Hi there!

Bedwetting or enuresis often results in individuals due to emotional stress or psychological injury. At a primary level I would suggest you to limit the intake of fluid you take at night and make it a habit to void urine before you go to bed. It might also help to set up alarms in the middle of the night and empty the bladder frequently. If these do not seem to help, I would suggest seeing a primary care physician/ internist to rule out organic causes such as infections and endocrine issues and depending on the cause, if identified, specialist care may be sought. It may also be beneficial to see a doctor in case you may need behavioral or psychotherapy.
Hope this helps.

Take care!