Autism & Asperger's Syndrome Expert Forum
2 1/2 year old possible apergers?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Autism & Asperger's Syndrome forum are answered by researchers at the New England Center for Children. Topics covered include Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Antisocial Personality Disorder, Asperger Syndrome, Autism, blindness, bullying, clinical depression, deafness, dyslexia, mental retardation, and social alienation.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

2 1/2 year old possible apergers?

i have a 12 year old son with aspergers sydrome.my boyfreinds son also has aspergers.we have a 2 1/2 year old together and are concerned he may have it also.he has shown the same behaviors since birth.the biggest issue has been sleep problems which both the older boys had.as an infant he would be very hard to settle and would wake all night.he now wakes up once or twice but it is almost impossible to get him to sleep.even if we manage to not let himhave a nap he will fall asleep around 9pm and then he wakes up and will not go back to sleep for hours.on a normal night he will bounce around like he is super hyper for hours before falling asleep usually not until 1 or 2 am.also he cries and screams and throws things and gets very angry.we are exhausted and because we have sleep issued with the 12 year old also we have no time to relax.we also have 3 other children at home.other symtoms (symptoms) he has are walking on tip toes,delayed speech, spinning things,refusing to wear shoes and socks.he is very intellegent and has learned to swear from his 12 year old brother and uses swear words in the right way.his behavior has gotten so out of control lately and he has become very aggresive (aggressive) and mean and destructive.he has been raised in a very loving home.we don't drink or argue.he has very strange eating habits also.almost all he will eat are fruit and vegetables.he doesn't like sweets such as cake cookies or candies which seems strange for a child.i have made an appointment for him to see our family doctor to get a referal to a pediatrician.any ideas would be appreciated.thanks