Autism & Asperger's Syndrome Expert Forum
Help for 4 year old daughter
About This Forum:

Questions in the Autism & Asperger's Syndrome forum are answered by researchers at the New England Center for Children. Topics covered include Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Antisocial Personality Disorder, Asperger Syndrome, Autism, blindness, bullying, clinical depression, deafness, dyslexia, mental retardation, and social alienation.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Help for 4 year old daughter

My daughter is 4 years old.  She has a very large vocabulary and talkative.  She has a wild imagination and plays pretend a lot.  She has certain habits such as watching the same video or listening to the same song over and over again.  She often asks if the boys of the radio are singing about her and has a mild obession with making sure lights are turned off and doors are closed and not left open.  Up until lately I have never given her bahavior a second thought.  But lately she is having more increase tatrums for seemingly minors reasons.  I calmly take her away from the situation and she will continue to scream and cry and yell.  I asked her the other day why she thought she had the "fit" amd she said it was what her head thoughtw as right.  Her behavior these tatrums seems to be increasing not decreasing.  I have had sevearl people take notice of her bahavior and say wowo she requires a lot of attention or shes precocious. It seems that I am redirecting her quite often.  I have to call her names sevearl times and repeat myself often.  She used to scream and yell in the car all the time.  She wouldnot stop yelling.  She no longer does this but she has a hard time controling her behavior.  At first I thought disbetes and then I started to look into gluten and spectrum autism.  She has severe asthma and execma.  She scrathes all the time and has red patched on her arms and behind her legs.  She has had countless ear infections.  She has had pnemonia (pneumonia) four times so far.  SHe has always been constipated and as a young child she needed miralax in order to have a BM.  I am very concerned about her.  Please let me know your thoughts.