Autism & Asperger's Syndrome Expert Forum
How to help constant Intrusive thoughts for 8 year old PDD NOS Boy
About This Forum:

Questions in the Autism & Asperger's Syndrome forum are answered by researchers at the New England Center for Children. Topics covered include Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Antisocial Personality Disorder, Asperger Syndrome, Autism, blindness, bullying, clinical depression, deafness, dyslexia, mental retardation, and social alienation.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

How to help constant Intrusive thoughts for 8 year old PDD NOS Boy

My son 8 year old son (PDDNOS) Sensory Intergration Disorder and GAD has constant intrusive thoughts.  He describes them as constant chatter,laughing sounds in his head, his thoughts are negative and self defeating. He has complained for 1.5  years with no relief.  There is not a time when he doesn't have them. He has lots anxiety around peers and worries he will be in trouble. Risperdal,Zoloft Buspar, Abilfy all have not  worked.  Could their be some kind of inner ear problem or tumor in his head. He has consistently complains that the bridge of his nose is in pain and of headaches.  Could someone please shed some light on this I at my wits end.  Thanks