Autism & Asperger's Syndrome Expert Forum
Is there a way to stop meltdowns?

Questions in the Autism & Asperger's Syndrome forum are answered by researchers at the New England Center for Children. Topics covered include Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Antisocial Personality Disorder, Asperger Syndrome, Autism, blindness, bullying, clinical depression, deafness, dyslexia, mental retardation, and social alienation.

Is there a way to stop meltdowns?

I would be interested to hear if there are any ways of calming down before meltdowns. In the past I got out of hand and had a meltdown which got me arrested, and It's the last thing I would want to happen again. Any tips will be greatly appreciated, thank you
1 Comment
my son has PDD and taking time alone or stepping out of the stimulus helps him.  So does classical music.  Hope this helps.  He also takes an antidepressant and goes to a counselor.  The counselor is working with him on how to help cope.  Hope this helps.