Autism & Asperger's Syndrome Expert Forum
autism and deafness
About This Forum:

Questions in the Autism & Asperger's Syndrome forum are answered by researchers at the New England Center for Children. Topics covered include Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Antisocial Personality Disorder, Asperger Syndrome, Autism, blindness, bullying, clinical depression, deafness, dyslexia, mental retardation, and social alienation.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

autism and deafness

I am an educator for children with autism.  I have a child in my classroom who is autistic and profoundly deaf.  He has a cochlear implant.  He does not show any signs of hearing and does not show any comprehension of sign language.  He uses picture exchange for communication.  We use photographs and gestures in order to give him directions but he only follows the direction if a preferred activity is involved.  My question is:  Does anyone know of an organization, or expert in the field of autism AND deafness?