Autism & Asperger's Syndrome Expert Forum
does the e.e.g confirm if the baby has autism

Questions in the Autism & Asperger's Syndrome forum are answered by researchers at the New England Center for Children. Topics covered include Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Antisocial Personality Disorder, Asperger Syndrome, Autism, blindness, bullying, clinical depression, deafness, dyslexia, mental retardation, and social alienation.

Hi evrey one I went to the cicatrices he said my kids may have autism spectrum he told me to make e.e.g for him to be sure if he had an autism spectrum my question is that right can e.e.g show if he had an autism please any one has any information to tell me please please answer me I well do this test on Wednesday im so afraid of the results
At this point, it is not possible to confirm whether someone has an autism spectrum diagnosis with an EEG.  I would encourage you to speak with your child's pediatrician to clarify the purpose of the EEG and to ask for a referral to a developmental psychologist or another professional who can do an evaluation of your child's skills and behavioral presentation.  Only a trained professional who has experience evaluating individuals with autism can provide a valid diagnosis.
My EEG was classified as normal without it having any implications for my autism diagnosis.

It is for sure possible that autistics may have a different EEG pattern, but it does not exist enough science yet to support it and so such use and measure of EEG does not exist at a serious clinical level but may be used serious in research. For that reason only the standard and valid use of EEG was taken into account when I was tested and that standard and valid test did not have any implication for my autism diagnosis.