Autism & Asperger's Syndrome Expert Forum
genetic

Questions in the Autism & Asperger's Syndrome forum are answered by researchers at the New England Center for Children. Topics covered include Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Antisocial Personality Disorder, Asperger Syndrome, Autism, blindness, bullying, clinical depression, deafness, dyslexia, mental retardation, and social alienation.

genetic
My little brother and 3 cousins have asd, is there a possibility that my child would too have this?
While it is always possible, there is currently no genetic testing that can identify what exactly the level of risk is in your case.  This is a good topic of discussion for you and your doctor and, if you have concerns, when you have children it would make sense to keep an eye out for warning signs.