Autism Community
5 year old daughter put on Zoloft HELP
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding ADHD, Antisocial Personality Disorder, Blindness, Bullying, Causes of Autism, Autism Therapies, Clinical Depression, Deafness, Dyslexia, Isolation, Mental Retardation, Social Alienation.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

5 year old daughter put on Zoloft HELP

I have a beautiful, perfect, amazing five year old girl with Autism. My daughter has severe anxiety and very severe OCD. On 3/28 after much much thought we agreed to start her on 5mg of Zoloft. It seemed the first month that she was doing well. The medication seemed to make her very hyper, but there was improvement in the OCD behavior. After about six weeks my daughter just seemed gone. She stopped talking which she had just started to do. When she would talk she would say everything foward and backwards. She could not sit still for a second. She just became lost in her own world again. We took her to the doctor on Tuesday and were told we need to double her dose. We did this on Wednesday and my baby was wild. So so so so hyper. We called on Thursday and said we want her off. We have been lowering her dose since then. I am so worried about her having withdrawl (withdrawal). Also, I am so unsure if I am doing the right thing. My mommy gut is yelling that this is not the right medication for her, but I am afraid for her to go back to the OCD nightmare she was living. This child is my heart and soul. Does anyone know anything about this medication and Autism.
Tags: Autism, Zoloft, OCD
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Autism Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...