Autism Community
Autism and facial tics
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding ADHD, Antisocial Personality Disorder, Blindness, Bullying, Causes of Autism, Autism Therapies, Clinical Depression, Deafness, Dyslexia, Isolation, Mental Retardation, Social Alienation.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Autism and facial tics

My 5 year old little girl ( who has PDD) recently started blinking her right eye. But it is becoming more and more frequent and now she is moving the side of her mouth at the same time.  Our GP has told us all is well and there is not a medical reason for her doing this and to ignore it but it appears to be getting more frequent.  She doesn't appear to be aware that she is doing it.  Any suggestions on what to do?  She already has a hard enough time making and keeping friends as it is without them making fun of her for this.  

Thank you
Shazvh