Autism Community
Autism

This forum is for questions and support regarding ADHD, Antisocial Personality Disorder, Blindness, Bullying, Causes of Autism, Autism Therapies, Clinical Depression, Deafness, Dyslexia, Isolation, Mental Retardation, Social Alienation.

Autism

my son is 2 years 8 months old but he is speaking very few words and not try to speak. but the other activity is normal and he observe every thing very well. i consulted a doctor who suspected that it might be autism and referred to a psychological doctor. i want to know that what is the symptoms of autism and whether my son is normal?
I have posted the DSM IV diagnostic criteria for autism on the Health Page.
You can access that by clicking the Health Page icon on the top right hand corner of this page.
Then click on Behavioural Characteristics Behind a Diagnosis of ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorders).
Under each category of the diagnosis criteria parents have posted examples of their childs behaviour to give you an idea of what the professionals are looking for when they observe a child.