Children's Development
My granddaughter Kay is 10 months old but does not sit up. She is otherwise active, rolls over and pushes herself forward quite fast. But does not crawl on all fours and cannot sit up on her own. Should I be worried? She is small for her age, and weighs about 7 1/2 kgs.
Hi!
I can understand your concerns. If Kay can hold her head, look around and sit up supported without falling, then you can try this for a few days and see. If Kay does not respond then please talk to her pediatrician.
“Allow Kay to lie on her tummy and engage her in playing by dangling something in front of her or making funny faces. Take care to do this just above her head level. This will encourage her to look up, pull up her chest and strengthen her shoulder. Gradually encourage her to move towards you or the toy by gently stepping back just out of her reach”
With time Kay should be able to sit up. Most children can sit up on their own by 9 months. If Kay is unable to sit up in another few days then please talk to her pediatrician. Also, crawling usually starts by 11 months to a year though some children do this early. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.