Chromosome deletion found
My son had a chromosome array test done. The results came back with chromosome deletion found. My question is: What kind of Dr. can read further into this test to find out what type of developmental delay he has, because as of right now it is Pervasive Developmental Disorder and he is 7 yrs. old
Hello there..

My ped has not heard of this test before, could you please give info on who/where/how this test is performed. I have a 3 yr old speech delayed child, I am gathering as much info for a possible autistic diagnosis. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
PT
My son's neurologist prescribed it. They drew a little blood at the lab, here in phoenix and the sample was sent to Texas, I got the results after two weeks. I found out now I have to see a genetic counselor, to explain the findings. It is a more in depth blood test than the one to look for Fragile X. With that test they can find exactly what disorder the child has. I hope that helps.