Autism Community
Concerned For My 3 Year Old Son
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding ADHD, Antisocial Personality Disorder, Blindness, Bullying, Causes of Autism, Autism Therapies, Clinical Depression, Deafness, Dyslexia, Isolation, Mental Retardation, Social Alienation.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Concerned For My 3 Year Old Son

My 3 year old has recently been diagnosed with a moderate receptive language disorder. There are some sounds he can not say and so he has speech therapist helping him with these issues. While in speech, we have learned that he has trouble following 2 step commands, he has a hard time answer questions as "who, when where, what, why, how", when he is in group, he has a hard time sitting still and will sometimes spin around or jump up and down. When he is with other kids, he will copy their behavior and get really close to them when playing or talking to them. He talks in a very high pitch voice and found out some noises really bother him to the point where he can't concentrate or gets scared. Things he once knew, he is forgetting, like counting to 10 perfectly and he is having a hard time grasping his colors. I am hearing so much about autism and I'm scared my son might have some form of it. If anyone can help me, does the above sound like anything that has to do with someone with autism?