Autism Community
Constant masterbation(masturbation)

This forum is for questions and support regarding ADHD, Antisocial Personality Disorder, Blindness, Bullying, Causes of Autism, Autism Therapies, Clinical Depression, Deafness, Dyslexia, Isolation, Mental Retardation, Social Alienation.

Constant masterbation(masturbation)

5 yr old Autistic girl seems to be obsessed with touch or holding her gentials to the point where they are red.  Is this something to do with the autisim or should be seek help?  She knows she should go to a private place but does not always go and sometimes goes it in public.
It's good that she has been taught that it's best done in private - but she is young and has a disability - I have a daughter with cerebral palsy. It is sometimes difficult to get a 5 year old to cooperate under the best of situations. When a child knows something feels good, especially if they are under stress,etc., it may be hard to stop the behavior until the child is older. As far as the redness, I don't believe that she would aggravate her tissues to a point that would be indeed painful. Have you discussed this issue with the child's doctor?? It would be a good idea - if only to calm your concerns!
Take care ...