Autism Community
Global developmental delay
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding ADHD, Antisocial Personality Disorder, Blindness, Bullying, Causes of Autism, Autism Therapies, Clinical Depression, Deafness, Dyslexia, Isolation, Mental Retardation, Social Alienation.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Global developmental delay

My dayghter is 14 month old. She has global developmental delay. Her neck control, rolling over and sitting were all delayed. She is still not standing and has not attained pincer grasp. She does not know how to use the toys and thinks all the toys as rattle. She is on physiotherapy and infant stimulation programme. She makes  good eye contact. All her medical tests are normal and she does not have any dysmorphic features. What is the natural history and how will she do in long term? Will she develop mental retardation or will she catch up?
Related Discussions
273579_tn?1256658653
my neurologist just diagnosed my son with global developmental delay today as well,my son just turned 2 years old,my son still does not play with any toys and thinks everything is a rattle also,and he loves strings/shoelaces.im wondering the same question will my son ever catch up,he looks so normal.i just hope my son proves these doctors wrong.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Autism Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...