Help Me Please
Hi, I have a 3 year old little girl who was diagnosed with autism when she was 2, We are having an extremily hard time with her at the moment with wearing clothes of any kind. I am at my wits end & do not know what else to do or try, Please if someone else is going through this, I would love any suggestions on helping with this problem. Thank you so much!!
I'm afraid that I never experienced this problem. As long as her clothing was soft, my daughter would tolerate it. Have you tried dressing her in clothing that is hard for her to get off? Something that buttons or zippers in the back?
Does your daughter get OT?  Have you talked to her therapist?  I have heard that often time kids who will not wear clothes have sensory issues with the feeling of the clothes touching their skin.
my 4yr old austistic daughter change clothes every couple minutes and every time she finish eating or drinking and she only wear the clothes she wants and always have tantrum if you stop her. We really want to know what  kind of disorder it is.
First... how severe is her Autism? Depending, my suggestion... when at home just let her be free & naked if she wants. Just make sure that she knows that when she is at home just with mom & dad its ok. But if someone is over that she needs to put on at least a swimsuit or something comfortable to her. This is more common with Autistic children. Their skin is VERY sensitive to lots of diff. kinds of things. As she gets older you will notice this! My son is 8yrs old & he still HATES hot water! So we use a lot of hand sanitizer, to make sure were getting germs off.
The more comfortable she is, the happier she will be & the less stressed you'll be =)