Autism Community
Is it normal?

This forum is for questions and support regarding ADHD, Antisocial Personality Disorder, Blindness, Bullying, Causes of Autism, Autism Therapies, Clinical Depression, Deafness, Dyslexia, Isolation, Mental Retardation, Social Alienation.

Is it normal?

My son 23 month-old

My concerns:
Does not not hold eye contact for more than 2-3 senconds, especially when it is close to his face from 2-3 month-old
Does not excite when parents get home
Is not affectionate (Will kiss and hug when being asked sometime)
Does not like to play on my knee
Does not respond to his name about 20-30%
------------------
No worry about physical development
No worry abou about speech and understanding
No worry about his playing with toys or other kids (love and know how to play different kind of toy love to play with other kids)
Does not have any odd movements (tip toe and flap his hands sometimes but not often)
Using gesture, point and follow the point, wave hi and bye

Your ideas will help me alot

Hi!
I can understand your concerns. Since the child is not showing open signs of affection like running towards his parents when they get home, spontaneously reaching out to hug or smile etc, it would be worthwhile to consult his pediatrician to find out if there is a problem. Speech may come with time—it’s yet early to comment on that. Also, if a child is engrossed in something, he may not respond to his name. So, while the possibility of autistic spectrum disorder cannot be ruled out, it is difficult to comment further on net. Only a detailed examination can confirm this. Please consult his pediatrician. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Hi!