Autism Community
Looking for info ALSO POSTED IN ASPERGERS forum
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding ADHD, Antisocial Personality Disorder, Blindness, Bullying, Causes of Autism, Autism Therapies, Clinical Depression, Deafness, Dyslexia, Isolation, Mental Retardation, Social Alienation.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Looking for info ALSO POSTED IN ASPERGERS forum

Background : My daughter is 3 yrs old, when she was an infant she had staring seizures and when she would snap out she would cry for 15 - 30 minutes then throw up. They diagnosed her with Sandifur Syndrome, a type of reflux disorder....she really hasn't slept all night since birth. She has melt downs, she plays with her sister like a normal toddler but when there are more children around she looks for me or another adult.  She obsesses over tiny objects for DAYS, she doesn't play with them, just carries them around.  She reacts to situations before they even happen.  In a crowd, like a flea market type situation she doesn't want to hold hands she wants to run and touch everything she can, so she's usually ends up in a stroller or me carrying her. Im trying to think of everything....I recently tried her in Gymnastics and it didn't work out at all....she cannot wait her turn and she's completely oblivious to the fact that theres other kids and she learning something.  Different sounds scare her like, she runs panicked screaming scared.  Her speech now is normal but she didn't talk till she was 18 months, she smiles, her moods are extreme(extremely happy, or extremely mad) she walked at 10 months, she does mimic her sister....she's had her adenoids (adenoids) removed and tubes put in, she had lots of ear infections and she was nursed for about 18 months.....I know this all seems jumbled but Im trying to remember everything...not looking for a diagnoses just thoughts anyone else story sounds like this?
351246_tn?1379685732

Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your daughter. Since she has had recurrent ear infections, it could have affected her brain too. Also, she could be suffering from hyperactivity and inattention disorder. She may have a sleep disorder too. I think, she needs a re-evaluation today as children of her age have gone though a lot of development and a current evaluation may help diagnose her exact problem. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Autism Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...