Autism Community
My fiance's son has autism and I need help

This forum is for questions and support regarding ADHD, Antisocial Personality Disorder, Blindness, Bullying, Causes of Autism, Autism Therapies, Clinical Depression, Deafness, Dyslexia, Isolation, Mental Retardation, Social Alienation.

My fiance's soon to be 3 year old son has autism and I have never been around anything like that. He is in the army and is moving to a new unit closer to his son and the rest of his family (thank god). This means him and I both will be very much a part of his sons life now and will share custody with the childs mother.  
We are both very young and even as a father he doesnt know his son very well, as he has been over seas for over half or his sons life.
How can we make the child feel comfortable around us and deal with his autism. I know nothing about this or what to expect, I am excited and a worried about what is to come..... Please, all information and tips for caring for a child with autism and understanding it would be a blessing.

Thank you